* Meredith was invited to serve as lab assistant for Kristie Gatto’s 28-hour Orofacial Myology course in Callabassas, CA, February 2020! Kristie is the current President of the International Association of Orofacial Myology.
* Meredith was able to secure 1.5 hours of 1:1 time with Mary Burke, the CEO of the Myo Munchee, September 2019.
* Meredith discussed Tongue Tie with an airway study group consisting of dental and oral professionals, ENTs, and PTs, July 8, 2019!
* Meredith attended the International Association of Orofacial Myology (IAOM) Conference in New Orleans in September 2019!
* Meredith presented at the Georgia Speech-Language Hearing Association’s 2018 conference on the topic of How to Diagnose and Remediate Tongue Tie
* Meredith is reading: Sleep-Wrecked Kids, GASP, Tongue-Tied
MWSP maintains certification with the International Association of Orofacial Myology (IAOM), in order to provide sanctioned and thorough intervention.
Orofacial Myology may benefit:
"Tongue Thrust" / Interdental swallow / Reverse swallow
aka "Myofunctional Therapy"
Elimination of Sucking habits: thumb/fingers/pacifier
Avoiding use of dental appliances that don't remediate tongue function
Speech sound production
Crossbites / overjets / underbites
Open mouth posture
Poor lip strength
Re-engineer tongue movement and function
Poor jaw stability
Appropriate teeth eruption
"Long face syndrome"